The Brass Band League (Northern Ireland) aims to:
- Promote and encourage all efforts tending to the continual improvement of the cultural advancement of Brass Bands throughout all sections of the community in Northern Ireland irrespective of religious, sexual or ethnic background or physical status.
- Foster and develop links with other brass bands in the wider society.
- Encourage the development of brass bands and their members by devising and promoting a range of activities such as contests, workshops and festivals.
- Bring enjoyment and promote harmony in the wider community by bringing brass band music to the widest selection of people possible.
- Encourage all sections of the community to become involved with their local brass band.
– Objectives, General Rules, Brass Band League Rule Book
The BBL has an executive committee which is elected at our Annual General Meeting.
The executive overseas the day to day running of the BBL and its various events.
Our executive members are:
|Vice Presidents||Ronnie Kennedy, Des Lowry, Ken Tweedie, David Dickson, Bill Clements, Allan Davison, Alan Hunter|
|Vice Chairman||Nigel Brodison|
|Executive Committee||David Leonard