Youth Solos and Ensembles – Update
Due to the current COVID-19 situation in schools, the BBL Executive have agreed to extend the deadline for the Youth Solos and Ensembles to Saturday 26th February 2022.
All other Rules remain the same:-
- Entry by Google Forms – https://forms.gle/nZVqsGeNBC6wWafT6
- With regards to the entry form please ensure that you double-check names are spelt correctly and that players are eligible to compete in the selected class. Please check thoroughly before submitting the entry.
- Proof of age may be requested. Competitors must have been within the age limit on the 1st February 2022.
- All competitors in the 10, 12, 15 and Under solo classes must use the books specified in the syllabus. Repeats are optional.
- Audio editing or enhancements (including reverb and multi-tracking) are not permitted
- Previously published videos cannot be used.
- Submissions can be either accompanied or unaccompanied – if accompanied these can be via any means provided social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- Limit of 1 entry per soloist.
- All competitors are required to obtain parental/guardian/carer consent before placing any entry to the contest.
- Youth players may not play down in an age class but may play up in any age classes if they so desire.
- Entries open to everyone residing on the island of Ireland.
- BBL reserve the right to withhold/amend/delete any submission if deemed appropriate to do so by them.
- Adjudicators’ decisions are final, each participant will receive their adjudicators remarks and a certificate for taking part.
- The BBL would like to highlight that percussion players are also welcome within any of the appropriate classes. Trumpet players are also welcome.
- All competitors are permitted to play only one piece.
- Accompaniment for the most popular Youth Solo pieces are available on our website: https://brassbandleague.org/junior-solo-accompaniments/
(thank you again to Charles Fyffe for providing these recordings)
- There are no fees for entering the Youth Solos and Ensembles contest but bands and individuals are welcome to send a donation by bank transfer (contact us for further details) or cheque (made payable to Brass Band League NI).
- Youth adjudicator: Gael Haslett
- If unable to upload the video using the link provided, videos can be sent via whatsapp to our Secretary Amber at 07593061905
YOUTH SOLOS – SELECTED BOOKS 10, 12 and 15 and Under Solo
The Young Soloist Volume One
Publisher: Studio Music The Young Soloist Volume Two
Publisher: Studio Music The Young Soloist Volume Three
Publisher: Studio Music Winner Scores All (Peter Lawrance)
Publisher: Brass Wind 15 and Under Solo only Great Winners (Peter Lawrance)
Publisher: Brass Wind